Recently, I have seen to it that most of my digital notes and photos (and articles in the future if I am inclined) start or have copies here on my self-hosted microblog.
Here is my current social media posting flow:
- Swarm check-ins are automatically reposted here.
- BeReal posts are manually re-posted here.
- Notes and images are automatically posted on Twitter and Plurk.
- Twitter is mirrored on @email@example.com.
- Notes related to my media consumption are reposted automatically on Tumblr.
- Notes and images that may interest my family and friends are manually reposted on Facebook.
- Selected images are manually reposted on Instagram.
Why am I still posting on these different sites? I have reasons: I still like the service (Swarm), it has potential (Mastodon, BeReal), and the people I know are still there (Tumblr [reactivated], Plurk [reactivated, looks abandoned though], Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
I am still thinking of how to integrate my reading logs and notes from Goodreads though.